Thursday, July 7, 2016

Summer Love


A working knowledge of PSP is assumed.


Supplies Needed


Tube of choice. (one with a close up works best)
I am using the art of PinUpToons, which I purchased from CDO.


A mask of choice (I used a round or oval one)

Font used is Flower


NOTE: This tutorial is written for the supplies I used. If you are using something different, you may need to adjust some settings.

IPL - In Palette Layers

Let's Begin

Open supplies in psp.

Open template in PSP. Duplicate and delete original. IPL, delete the credit layer. You can also delete the shadow layers, or keep them. Your choice.

 Click on frame 3 fill layer. Select All - Float - Defloat. Paste, as a new layer, your close up tube. I increased the size to 150. Center it to your liking. Selections - Invert. Delete. Select None. Go to Effects - Textures - Blinds. Settings - Width = 3. Opacity = 10. Color - I chose Red. Check horizontal.

Click on frame 2 fill layer. Before pasting the tube close up again, mirror it. Now paste as a new layer. I increased the size to 125. Position this one off center. (see my tag) Selections - Invert. Delete. Select None. Go to Effects - Textures - Blinds. Settings - Width = 3. Opacity = 10. Color - I chose Red. Check horizontal.

Paste, as a new layer, the full tube. I increased the size to 110. Place this tube layer on top of the frame 1 layer. Position the tube as you like. Apply a generous drop shadow. I used H & V = 5. Opacity = 40. Blur = 12. Color is black. Use your rectangle selection tool to carefully trace out the tube that is beyond the bottom edge of the frame and the right side of the frame. Delete. 

This is for all three fill layers. Click on a fill layer. New Raster Layer. Fill with the blue paper. Select None. Delete original layer. Go to Effects - Texture - Weave. Setting: Gap size = 2. Width = 20. Opacity = 1. Color is white. 

This is for the circle and three rectangle layers. Click on the circle. Selections - Select All - Float - Defloat. New Raster Layer. Fill with one of the papers from my supplies. Select none. Add a drop shadow. H & V = 1. Opacity = 50. Blur = 5. Color is black.

I chose to leave the frames and scallops white. I also kept the shadow layers, but I duplicated them in order to darken them a bit.

For the flowers, Select All - float - defloat. New Raster layer. Fill with a color of choice. I chose the yellow. Select none. Delete original. I added a blue dot in the center. Add same drop shadow you used for rectangles. 

Paste, as a new layer, the butterfly, bow and love pendant. Give each the same drop shadow. Size then place as you like.

Click on the white background layer. Add a New Raster Layer and fill with a paper from my supplies. Apply your mask. Layers - Merge Group.

Add your copyright info and name. Save

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it easy to follow.

This tutorial was created July 7, 2016.
All the ideas of this tutorial are copyrighted to BeckyP
Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely a coincidence.
You are welcome to link to this tutorial and/or print it out for your own personal use.
Please do not copy this tutorial in order to place online.
Please do not re-write, pass out, or claim as your own. Thank you for your cooperation.